Friday, August 17, 2012

Shaky Beginnings & Free Pattern

                      

I have always had a passion for the old black & white movies of the 1930s & 1940s.

Invariably, throughout the day my tv set will be playing a TCM classic in the background, while I am working on my etsy shop or crocheting.

If you're a classic movie fan as I, then you remember those outfits Myrna Loy wore in the Thin Man series, or the feathers floating around Ginger Rogers ankles as she danced with Fred Astaire.  

When they roll the movie credits, I look to see the names for costume design, Irene, Edith Head, etc.  The creators of all those fabulous ensembles were STARS in their own right, & to my mind should have received higher billing!

So my love of old movies & their fashions has engendered an at-home industry for me.  Besides giving me something to do with all these stacks of old magazines & patterns that have completely taken over my office!  

So, if you get a chance, please stop by my shop:


There you can find vintage reproduction patterns for crochet & knitting, which are available in PDF & shipped via email download to the buyer.  

The major part of the patterns are of women's fashions from the 1930s through the 1960s, though there will be a sprinkling of others that have caught my fancy.

In future posts I hope to add some free patterns & how-to tips for my fellow crocheters.

Bye for now...have a great day!
Evening Allure Lace Cape